Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris) is a conifer broadly distributed from boreal regions to water-limited environments in the Mediterranean basin. This project aims to identify tree responses of Pinus sylvestris to water-limited environments along a North-South gradient of decreasing precipitation (comparing three contrasting sites), and its influence on water and carbon dynamics, as well as the potential responses of trees to climate change. The integration of short-term detailed ecophysiological data with long-time approaches of dendrochronology will enable both mechanistic understandings of the problem and long-term view.
Project RSF#18-74-10048 funded by the Russian Science Foundation.
- Arzac A, Popkova M, Anarbekova A, OIano JM, Gutiérrez E, Nikolaev A, Shishov V (2019) Increasing radial and latewood growth rates of Larix cajanderi Mayr. and Pinus sylvestris L. in the continuous permafrost zone in Central Yakutia (Russia). Annals of Forest Science 76: 96 -link-
- Dyachuk P, Arzac A, Peresunko P, Videnin S, Ilyn V, Assaulianov R, Babushkina EA, Zhirnova EA, Belokopytova L, Vaganov EA, Shishov VV (2020) AutoCellRow (ACR) – A new tool for the automatic quantification of cell radial files in conifer images. Dendrochronologia 60: 125687 -link-
- Fajstavr M, Bednářová E, Nezval O, Giagli K, Gryc V, Vavrčík H, Horáček P, Urban J (2019) How needle phenology indicates the changes of xylem cell formation during drought stress in Pinus sylvestris L. Dendrochronologia 56: 125600 -link-
- Safonova A, Tabik S, Alcaraz-Segura D, Rubtsov A, Maglinets Y, Herrera F (2019) Detection of fir trees (Abies sibirica) damaged by the bark beetle in unmanned aerial vehicle images with deep learning. Remote Sensing 11(6): 643 -link-
- Urban J, Rubtsov AV, Urban AV, Shashkin AV, Benkova VE (2019) Canopy transpiration of a Larix sibirica and Pinus sylvestris forest in Central Siberia. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 271: 64-72 -link-